Saturday, October 12, 2013

Saturday hangout with Jin and Jane...





Saturday afternoon was spent with volunteer friends I rarely see Jin and Jane.

I met them in one of the organizations I volunteer with. We were batchmates in the volunteer activity we signed up for. After the volunteer training, they are the ones I was able to keep in touch with. I dun see them that often but thankfully, I am always updated because Jane is quite active with Facebook. I also consult with her when it comes to some work matters. Hehe!

Two weeks ago, the three of us agreed to meet up. It's been so long since I last saw them and a get-together was definitely much needed.

We met up at Tang Plaza before 1PM and headed to the Island Cafe at the fourth level of the mall. It was a nice place for a get-together. Tucked in a corner at the fourth floor, it was far from the maddening crowd of shoppers. Hehe!

The cafe serves a mix of Singaporean and Western dishes. Both of them had crayfish laksa while I ordered the chicken biryani. It was enjoyable. I felt that the taste wasn't that strong. My guess is because they want to make it more suitable for ang moh customers. (I didn't see too many ang mohs though). I love the biryani at Little India or at the biryani place in Sengkang Mr. Lim and I usually go to. The flavors and spices are really tasted throughout the meal. Hehe!

From Island Cafe, we crossed to the other side of Orchard and headed to Robert Timms at Wheelock Place. Like Island Cafe, it's one of the few places I think that is far away from the noise and stress brought by the shopping crowd of Orchard. Hehe!

After enjoying our dessert and coffee, we then made our way to the library in Bugis. They wanted to borrow some books and I wanted to check out some books as well in preparation for a trip next year. ;-)

Before we parted ways, we walked to Toastbox for coffee and tea. Haha! My day started with Toastbox (had the pork floss set for breakkie) and it also ended with Toastbox.

Time flew by so fast. Hard to believe that we were already hanging out for five hours or so. We were just chatting and chatting and chatting.

Definitely was a nice Saturday afternoon thanks to good food, quiet get-together places, great friends and great conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment