Monday, October 28, 2013

Busy, busy Sunday...




Today was rather a busy day. Haha!

As always, I started my Sunday very early. I woke up close to 6AM to make it to the 645AM Mass at the Church of the Holy Trinity.

Afterwards, I headed back to my home in the East to a still asleep PG Boy. Hehe! By 9AM, I got ready to head down to the city.

I had three engagements today.

First, I had a guiding duty at the museum. The slot I got for the month was the 1PM slot. Today's group was a very interesting mix - 2 from Malaysia; 2 from the USA; 3 from Germany; 2 from the Netherlands; 1 from New Zealand. Along the way, the group added a few more people but I was unable to get their nationalities. Yes, we do get the nationalities for the museum's visit statistics. So far, I've yet to have Filipino visitors.

I was a bit tired after the hour or so tour. I stayed for a few minutes at the volunteer room just to rest and recov for a bit.

From Dhoby Ghaut, I headed down to Chinatown to go to Oogachaga. I was asked to share how the LGBT scene in the Philippines is. I prepared a nice Powerpoint for it and I also showed a few interesting clips. It was a very small group. Including me, there were just about 10 people. It was a good group though because everyone was participative and I think the group enjoyed the presentation. Hehe!

From Chinatown, I took the train down to Little India/Farrer Park. Friend from Manila JB is in town and Ian organised a dinner for him at an Indian restaurant suggested by Richie. Sakunthala is a wonderful Indian restaurant located at 66 Race Course Road. I enjoy Indian cuisine. Seriously. But I'm also thankful that I don't get to eat it that often because otherwise, I would be putting on so much weight. Haha!

I invited a lot of people. LOL. Only the usual suspects were able to go - Richie, Mon, Coly, PG Boy, me, Ian and of course, JB.

Good dinner. Good dinner. :)

What a busy weekend!!! I didn't even feel I had a weekend. No complaints though about being busy. As my best friend Tey and I always say, "We rest when we die."

And yeah, I do agree with this mantra. Hehe! Most of the time, I would like to be occupied with something. Unless I'm very, very tired, I would always choose doing something - whether it's people watching or reading a book or studying something or going for a walk and so on - over staying in bed and doing nothing. Hehe!

4 comments:

  1. friend! you never got to visit the club 21 bazaar hehe. i thought you guys went for song fa bak kut teh? :-D that is one busy sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friend, good thing na din! Saved me a few hundred dollars. Hahaha! ;-) How was IELTS?

    Changed to Sakunthala. Good food. Go try. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. eeek haha im still feeling kaba for the writing part. it's like, you can never be too confident with what you wrote because youll always have something in mind where you think oh i could have done this or that better - and i hate having to write. so used to typing blah blah blah (Excuses haha).

    i have to temper my stomach for the indian food though haha, looks yummy! ill forward you what i prepared that evening for dinner ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I'm sure you did well. ;) My approach to the writing test was just to ensure the organization of ideas and the flow of writing are there. Hehe!

      The dinner you prepped looks yums!

      Delete