Monday, March 29, 2010

Tambay time/despedida for Bernice...












I've been meaning to post some entries in this blog these past few days, but I've really been swamped with work.

This week is a little less stressful because (almost) everyone's just looking forward to having the four-day break, so I managed to find some time to squeeze in some updates.

Friday night was tambay time with Bernice and some of our friends from Magsaysay. Bernice flies back to the Netherlands this evening, and last Friday was the only time we can see her again. The original plan was for Mel, Noreen, Shy, Carol (who I haven't seen too for a long time) and I to meet Bernice at Trinoma for dinner and coffee.

Just a side note, I'm not a huge fan of Trinoma. I dunno why. It's the bad lighting, the flooring. Hehe! The only section I love there is the one where Powerbooks is.

Anyway, our meeting place was Powerbooks. By 8PM, it was still just me. I guess when one gets older, one's calendar becomes even more toxic. Hehehe! Only Shy and I showed up. Noreen dropped by , but she had to leave immediately to finish scripts for Rubi? Carol was stuck in Tagaytay for her mom's birthday dinner. Mel was drowning in papers at the office for an upcoming audit.

It was still a very fun get-together though. Bernice and I had a fantab dinner at Cyma. One of the nice things I love about hanging out with Bernice is we both want to eat healthy. Hehe! We had an eggplant moussaka and chicken gyro.

By the time we finished dindin, Shy was already in the area. We met up with her and headed to Bigoli for Shy's quick dindin. From Bigoli, we moved to CBTL and spent the next few hours just talking about all sorts of things. Hehe!

Just like our other get-togethers, we were having a really great time that we didn't notice it was already past twelve. We gave each other big hugs and made promises to keep in touch. Thanks to Facebook and email, it wouldn't be too difficult. Hehehe!

After a neverending buhbye, the three of us finally parted ways. I'm a bit sad that Bernice left again. At the same time, I'm extremely happy because her career is flourishing, and she's really going places (figuratively and literally).

Plus, the fact that she is living there is one reason for me to save up and visit Europe, right?

1 comment:

  1. Eeeek again! Love CYMA!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss eating the Gyro and Beef Kebab! Hungry! :D

    ReplyDelete