Friday, March 19, 2010

Thursday night date with Bernice and Carlo...




Good friend Bernice is in town, but only for two weeks. Huhu!

She was in Bangkok to attend a rountable discussion, and since Manila was just three hours away, she decided to come and visit. After her brief stay here, she's back to the Netherlands.

I left work early yesterday to meet up with her. I was supposed to leave at 3, but ended up leaving 30 minutes later because the phone wouldn't stop ringing (and I wouldn't stop picking up) and emails kept coming in (and I kept replying). Hehe!

Anyway, I finally left the office and made my way to Gayway...errr... Gateway for our meetup. (On a side note, Araneta admin should consider changing the mall's name. The mall is homo central. LOL! Guess which mall is lesbo central. Hehe!)

Moving on, Bernice and I met up at Fully Booked. We gave each other a big hug and then came the start of the endless "kamustahan." We started with seeing Alice in Wonderland. She hasn't watched the film. I've seen it, but not in 3D. So even if I slept through most parts of the movie, I still agreed to watch it. It's a good thing I did because I don't recall ever seeing the battle scene between the Red Queen and the White Queen. Hahaha! I still fell asleep a couple of times though.

After the movie, we looked for a place for dinner. Initially we were thinking of Volare (which has changed its name). But when we got there, the place was hosting a private party. Ugh! Our next option was nearby Cafe Adriatico. It turned out to be a good choice because Bernice got her Pinoy overload there. Haha!

From Cafe Adriatico, we moved to the neighboring Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. She ordered her usual genmaicha. I had my caramel macchiato. It was just like our usual Sunday afternoon get-together back when she was still here in Manila. The highlight of our meetups would be the exchange of thoughts on all sorts of things.

Last night was made even more interesting because Zsazsa Zaturnnah's dad, Carlo, was also in Coffee Bean. I haven't seen the guy for the longest time. It was really, really great seeing him. And I was ultra happy that two of my favorite people on the planet have met each other.

We spent a couple of hours talking about stuff. One topic was about being single. All three of us are, dammit! Haha! Bernice shared that lately, she's been "preparing" the guy for her by articulating her thoughts on her ideal man. For her, it's not enough to just sit down and wait for a guy. One has to know the qualities of the guy that she wants, verbalize it and hopefully, that will draw the guy - whoever he is - towards the person. I told her it was interesting and I never thought of "preparing" that way.

I then told her that what I was doing was the opposite and maybe that's where I'm wrong. While Bernice has been preparing her guy, I, on the other hand, am preparing for the possibility of a single life. It's not being resigned to the thought. It's being practical and grounded, I told her. But her thoughts was quite new to me and I found that to be really good.

Then there was also talk of finding the guy that you deserve vs. the guy that deserves you. Initially, we agreed that both ideas are the same. After a couple of seconds, we realized that they aren't. Haha!

While we chatted, Carlo did some of his drawings for a website. Bernice watched Carlo draw. I watched the two of them, and I also watched the people passing by. I have to say may future ang Gayway, ah. Hahaha!

Bernice and I left Carlo to his drawings around 11PM. I had to head home because of work today. Bernice had to email some work to the Netherlands. Lucky her, we're seven hours ahead so she could still meet the deadline. Hehe!

It was a fantab evening, that I could say. Not even that 8PM phone call I got was enough to ruin my night. Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment