Wednesday, March 24, 2010

15K virgin no more...












I did my first 15K last Sunday. Woohooo!

Originally, I was planning to do my first 15K during Mizuno. But after finding out that The Green Miles will have a 15K, my good friend/running idol I-van convinced me to sign up for the 15K already.

That's what I did. Without much thinking. Haha!

To be honest, I felt I wasn't prepared for the race. I did not get to run the entire week before the race because of some non-work work duties. The duties was every night and it finished quite late.

So come race day, I was a bit nervous. I just told myself that the goal is to cross the finish line, whatever happens. Haha!

Surprisingly, I still managed to finish the race in under two hours. When I checked the time as I was about to cross the finish line, it was 1:52.

But I must say that I was really dead tired by then. The sun was already up by the time I got back to Macapagal Ave. And I had to stop several times to walk (briskly) because I was just beat.

Everything changed though once I caught sight of the finish line. I gathered all the energy left and ran for it. I was just really happy to have finished the entire thing. Woohoo!

The Green Miles Run was quite an experience. Several learnings for the organizers I guess. Congratulations though for being successful in making the race happen. It was my first time to run along Roxas Blvd., and let's just say that I would still choose the Fort and the dreadful Mckinley Hills route on any given day. Even if Roxas Blvd is waaaayyy friendlier to the knees. Hehe!

Moving on, we headed to the Legazpi Sunday market afterwards for breakfast. I-van and I met up with JC, who did the Run for Home race. We spent a good three hours people watching. Hmm, Sunday mornings at the Legazpi market are interesting. Hahaha!

We parted ways a little after 11AM. I was planning to go home after the treat for my feet, but instead found myself heading to Rockwell to meet up with Twitter friends for How to Train Your Dragon.

In the evening, it was Avenue Q with altar-boy-days friend Dennis.

Yeah, I know. Lagarista lang. Hahaha!

But even if it was a verrry tiring day, it was still fantab. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment