Sunday, March 14, 2010

30-Day Tumblr Challenge: Day 14 - Nonfiction Book: Front Row



I don't really like nonfiction, and I'm sure I've read a few but the only one that comes to mind right now is the unauthorized biography of US Vogue editrix Anna Wintour.

What an OGT, huh?! I know! Haha!

Anyway, when this book came out, I was really eager to get my hands on a copy. I didn't buy one. Instead, the ex promised to get me one as a present from his trip to I already forgot.

It was a good read because it gave people, whatever their opinions of Anna are, a glimpse of her life. And despite all the negative things written about/spoken of her, I still like her because of her work. I'm quite sure I'm going to get criticized for writing that. Hehe! But, to each his own, I guess.

She has always intrigued me. Her and other women of power - Anna Wintour, Carine Roitfeld, Rosemarie Bravo, Jane Goodall, Angelina Jolie, Mother Teresa, and so on.

I dunno. There is really something about women of power that draws me to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment