Wednesday, March 10, 2010

30-Day Tumblr Challenge: Day 10 — A photo of you taken over ten years ago



Here's a photo of me taken some time in 1997, I think.

It's me with my Orcom blockmates from UP. I think we were waiting for our Humanities professor. I still remember this room. It was our little Little Theater. It's 302, I think. It's the room beside the Department of Arts and Communication of Rizal Hall! Haha!

Back then, digital cameras were still expensive. What was still "in" back then were the cameras that used the APS (?) film, I think. Haha! So if we had the urge to camwhore, it's either someone should have brought a camera with film (and hope that the photos will turn out just fine after processing. Either that or we go to a studio (Great Image!!!) to have our photos taken. Hehehe!

Gawd, it's hard to believe that it has already been more than 10 years since we last walked the halls of our revered building in Padre Faura. And most of us have changed. Some are married. Others are with kids. Not too long ago, we were worrying how to pass our Math 11 exams. Now, we're worrying about how our kids will pass their Math exam. Hahaha!

What's funny, because I almost did not go to UP. It was either UP or the seminary. Seriously. I thought I didn't pass and I was ready to join the Claretians. Then I found out I did and my father put his foot down. The rest as they say is history.

In addition to the lessons that I have learned from my respected professors, one other important part of my UP life was the friendships I built with my blockmates. Up to now, I am still in touch with almost all of them. Thanks to Facebook, we became even closer even if some of us are already living in other parts of the world.

I got to say that the four years in UP were among the best in my life. I've learned so much from that university, and most of who I am today is because of what I learned there.

Salamat, UP Naming Mahal!

1 comment: