Monday, March 8, 2010

Unilab Run: 2nd 10K for 2010




















I ran the Unilab United Wellness Run yesterday and it was super!

That's my second 10K for 2010, and I'm really glad that I did much better compared to my Condura run. Haha!

My time for Condura was around 1:20. Yesterday, I made sure I checked the time board when I reached the finish line and I clocked in at 1:13:45 or so. Not bad, huh?! Still, I want to do a sub-60 for a 10K. Hay.

What made the difference? I didn't bring a camera with me. Wahaha!

Friend I-van also joined the race (actually, it was him who got me to sign up) and he did the 21K (again)! Woohoo! Galing! We met up after he crossed the finish line and then we went around the area to check what gimmicks the Unilab people prepared.

A Wellness Village was set up with mini-villages - Men's Health, Women's Health, General Adult Health, Senior's Health and each one had their own engaging activities that promoted wellness. Hehe! Together with Ivan's friends, we went to the Ceelin photo booth and had our souvenir photos taken. Haha!

There were also a lot of freebies given away. We just didn't get any because we didn't get the Village Passport that we were supposed to use for claiming stuff. Oh well, it was okay.

The race was well attended. It's not as crowded as the Century Tuna Superbods Run (that's what I heard). And there were sports personalities/celebrities present that drew the attention of the crowd. Hehe! Some of those who ran were Aga Muhlach, Carlos Agassi, Rovilson Fernandez (or his lookalike?), and Akafellas DJ Myke. During the post-event program, I saw John Lloyd Cruz, Diether Ocampo, Dingdong Dantes, Ryan Agoncillo. Sports celebs Akiko Thompson, Monsour del Rosario, Norman Black and the Alvin Patrimonio were also there.

When I saw from afar that Alvin Patrimionio was in the event, I really forced myself to walk to Ivan's car to get the camera and walk all the way back to the event venue just so I can have my photo with the guy. As mentioned in a previous blog post, I've been a fan of the Captain for the longest time. I've waited more than a decade to see him up close. There was no way I was going to let this photo op pass. Hahaha!

Going to the run itself, big congratulations to the Unilab group for having a well-organized run!

There were large kilometer markers, directional signs and other directional paraphernalia to guide the runners. Marshals were deployed throughout the course. Water and 100 Plus stations were located at almost every kilometer. Thank gawd for this! Haha!

The race started on time! Perfect. FF instructors led the runners in doing pre-run stretches. Proper race briefing and countdown were also done.

There was no line at the finish line! This was one of the major mistakes at the Condura Run. There was a long queue at the finish line so when you actually get to cross the line, you'd have already spent several minutes standing and waiting for your bib to be tagged and collected. The result? More minutes on your recorded run time.

The claiming of loot bags was also very easy, because several tents were setup for each distance category. No long lines and the claiming was fast.


All in all, the race/run seemed to have gone smoothly and without any major issues. So congratulations, congratulations to Unilab! :)

P.S. The only thing I'm wondering about now is how come my name isn't on the race results released just this morning. So is I-van's. Nyerks, what happened?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your great review. My name is Rochelle and I'm part of the Unilab Run United organizing team. Please email feedback@runrio.com regarding the lost name. Please also CC: info@unilab.com.ph so we can monitor those concerns.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rochelle. Congrats to the team! :)

    Sent an email to the addies you listed above.

    Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete