Sunday, March 2, 2014

Series galore...





One more good thing that happened about being stuck at home during the weekend was getting to watch the new eps of the series I've been following.

Currently, I'm watching the following: Scandal, Looking, The Walking Dead, The Vampire Diaries, Arrow.

I've been watching TVD since it started and that was when I was still in the Philippines. Lately though, the story is starting to be annoying. It feels like the story is being stretched too much. Hehe! We'll see if I will drop this series soon.

TWD was introduced by a friend again, when I was still in the Philippines. To be honest, I was hooked for the first two seasons. The third season, imo, has been going well so far. It doesn't feel like the story's stretched yet. I guess it's great that there are many characters so the writers can build sub-plots about the lives of each character.

Now, Arrow, Scandal and Looking are my current top fave series.

If I were to rank the three, Scandal would have to be my favourite followed by Looking and then Arrow.

Scandal had me hooked since season 1 ep 1. The writing is just fantastic and Olivia Pope is a woman to be loved. This season 3, I'm starting to loathe Fitz aka Mr. US President. Haha! I guess the fact that the series can draw an emotional reaction from its viewers makes it an effective show. I'm really looking forward to the next eps.

Looking, on the other hand, has been receiving mixed revs. Most are not so good. Among my friends though (Richie, Mon, Edsel, Tipz), the show has been well-received. Believe it or not, there have been quite a few instances of dissecting a particular episode. Hehe!

Lastly, Arrow is interesting to watch because it's based on a superhero. Plus, Oliver Queen is pleasing to the eyes. Lol.

Oh, there's also another series I recently started watching - Sherlock. Great writing. The fact that each season is only 3 episodes (each ep is about 1.5 hours) makes it easier to follow.

Friends reco a few other series to watch - Breaking Bad, Suits, etc. I just have no time for more series. If I add a few more series to my to-watch list, I would have to give up other things I wanted to do. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment