Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Done with Tris and Four...



I finally finished Allegiant, the third book of the Divergent trilogy.

It took me a while to finish the book as I was really struggling with it. Haha!

The fact that I dun recall anything from Divergent and Insurgent pretty much tells what I feel for the trilogy. Whereas I tremendously had a great time with The Hunger Games trilogy, I felt so blah with the Divergent trilogy. Maybe because I found the latter to be too juvenile?

I decided to read Allegiant just so I can achieve closure. And today, I got that. Haha!

The big surprise was I actually enjoyed reading the last few chapters of the novel.

It was completely unexpected.

All of a sudden, the story became more interesting and I found myself wanting to finish the book.

Initially, I was planning to finish it by end of week.

Today, I read on the way to the gym, just before Body Pump class started and during lunch time.

By the time lunch was over, I was already done with the book.

This is probably my favourite line.

"Yeah, sometimes life really sucks. But you know what I’m holding on for? The moments that don’t suck. The trick is to notice them when they come around." - Christina, Allegiant

I'm still looking forward to watching the movie. I think this is one of those book-turned-into-a-movie and the movie is actually better than the book. Hehe!

Moving on to the next title...

No comments:

Post a Comment