Thursday, March 13, 2014

Dinner at Eng Kee Seafood house...



As most of my friends know, I'm a bit difficult to be persuaded to go out on a work night. Make that work night and Sunday nights. Hehe!

It's not because that I don't want to go out. It's because I'm most of the time lazy or because I want to wake up early the following day to go to the gym for class.

However, when the dinner is organised by a friend who is leaving Singapore soon, I forget about the gym. I forget about just wanting to be home after a long day.

And I go to the get-together to see that friend.

Last night, I had dinner with Richie, Mon, Ana, her friend Yumiko, with our Belgian-bound friend Coly.

Coly's last day in Singapore is Tuesday next week (!!!) and I guess she's doing the rounds of meeting friends and eating the local cuisine that she will definitely miss once she's in Belgium.

Our destination last night was Eng Kee Seafood House in Alexandra.

It helped a lot that the place was very close to my office. That definitely made it so much easier for me to go. Haha!

The place specializes in crabs cooked in different styles. I'm not really a fan of crabs as I find the whole process of breaking the shell and all too tedious. Lol! However, the great thing about these zi char places is that there are other fantab dishes served.

Coly ordered black pepper crab and chili crab, coffee pork ribs, prawn paste chicken, homemade beancurd with ground pork, and a vegetable dish.

Everyone enjoyed the dishes that we ordered. I didn't have any of the crab dishes, but I did get a bun just so I can dip it in the sinful sauce of the chili crab that Richie ordered. Haha! It was sooo good!

The dishes were reasonably priced. The place is a clean coffee shop where guests can either go for the kopitiam al fresco style or if you want to be a tourist, then go for the area with AC. Haha! Will definitely visit again soon.

Address:
Keng Eng Kee Seafood
Blk 124 Bukit Merah Lane 1
#01-136 Alexandra Village Singapore
Tel: +65 6272 1038
Opening Hours:
Daily: 11.30am –2pm, 5pm–11pm

No comments:

Post a Comment