Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Brunch at Jewel Cafe + Bar...




Despite having a very long Saturday night, hitting the sack at 6:30AM Sunday morning, I still woke up about 10 in the morning.

From RKGreg's birthday gathering, I headed to Tipz's place just to freshen up a bit before heading to Changi Airport to fetch PG Boy. Thankfully, his flight was on time. Hehe! We didn't make any plans for me to fetch him. I decided I'd just go fetch him since I expected RKGreg's party to finish very late and it'll be easier to get to Changi from Tipz's place.

Major thanks to Tipz for letting me crash at his place! Will definitely miss City Sq once he moves next week.

Speaking of moving, Tipz and I agreed to meet up for brunch on Sunday morning since he was also already up so early (suprisingly! Hehe!). I knew PG Boy was too tired from his flight and would like to stay home and zzz, so brunch seemed like a good idea.

Also, there are a few cafes around Farrer Park worth visiting, which Tipz didn't know about. The heartlander had to be the one to tell him. Lol!

I gave him two options - one is L' Etoile, which I've been to during one of my brunch place adventures with PG Boy. The other one I suggested was Jewel Cafe + Bar, which I haven't checked out yet. Chye Seng Huat was also a possibility.

We settled for Jewel Cafe + Bar. I was expecting the place to be full since it was Sunday morning after all and it was almost noontime. I couldn't be more happier that we didn't have to queue as there was a table available. Woohoo!

Tipz and I reached just before the rest of the brunch crowd arrived.

I ordered the Eggs Benedict, while he ordered the Pancakes with Strawberry and Bananas and just shared.

The food was enjoyable. I still like the pancakes of eggs and berries, but I'm not complaining about this one.

Unfortunately, I didn't order a latte as I couldn't bring myself to pay $6 for it. Lol! Stupid me since it would cost more at CBTL and yet I'd pay for CBTL. I regretted my decision even more after reading that the beans are roasted in-house and they have an awesome Italian coffee machine or something. Haha! Oh well, that gives me a reason to go back.

After brunch, we headed back to City Square. I deided to tapau breakkie toast set from Toastbox for PG Boy since I thought he might be craving for it after a week of being away.

We'll definitely drop by Jewel Cafe again one of these days.

Jewel Cafe + Bar
Address : 129 Rangoon Rd
Singapore 218407
Tel : 6298 9216
Opening hours:
Tues – Thurs: 9am-10pm
Fri – Sat: 9am-midnight
Sun: 9am-10pm
Closed on Mon.

4 comments:

  1. hahaha everything is so expensive! i think i saw an article shared by my friend that jalan besar (farrer park area) is the new hipster place because of all the new cafes. it's not tiong bahru anymore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. is it, friend? haha! :) i dunno, i still love tiong bahru. have you been? we should go!

      Delete