Monday, May 19, 2014

Found at a used books shop...



After going to the Annie Leibovitz exhibit, I decided to go to Bras Basah complex to visit one of the used books shops.

With time to kill before going to Mass, I figured I can go and take a look around the shop and see if there are any new books worth getting.

I like that book shop because I once found several good buys. I was able to get an Alexander Mcqueen Savage Beauty in mint condition for half the price that it was being sold at Kinokuniya. I also found Dolce & Gabanna, Versace, Manolo Blahnik coffee books then but I just decided on getting the Mcqueen book.

Yesterday, the treasures I stumbled upon were mostly art books. Tipz went with me and he found a Botero coffee table book that was in a very good condition. If I remember correctly, it was still sealed. There were also titles on Gauguin, Monet, the Impressionists, Chinese and Japanese artists, several Christie's and Sotheby's catalogues.

I was looking for either another fashion coffee table book or one particular art book A Life of Collecting: Victor and Sally Ganz. I don't think it's available at Kino since it was published quite some time back. I would like to get a copy of the book because it is dedicated to a couple who collated art for the love of it, not for investment. What was also interesting about the Ganz's is the fact that they were a middle-class couple. They weren't a business tycoon or heirs to multi-billion dollar companies. They were regular people who happened to love art very much.

No luck in finding the book though. However, I did find a Rijksmuseum book. Haha! And it was only $9.90. It was still in a good condition. I decided to buy the book and add it to the very few souvenirs I got from my Europe trip.

Will definitely go back to that shop. Maybe next time the Victor and Sally Ganz book will be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment