Sunday, May 18, 2014

Annie Leibovitz on a rainy Sunday morning...




Just like yesterday, the rain didn't stop me from doing my plans for today. :)

Mon previously mentioned about the Annie Leibovitz exhibit at the Marina Bay ArtScience Museum. I asked him if he wanted to go this weekend, but he already went last Tuesday. PG Boy's friend was also interested in the exhibit, but she decided to see it on another day.. That left me and Tipz spending Sunday noontime at the museum.

Annie Leibovitz: A Photographer’s Life 1990-2005 is an exhibit currently ongoing at the Marina Bay ArtScience Museum. The retrospective features close to 200 personal and commissioned photographs by the famous American photographer.

I know Annie Leibovitz because of her work with US Vogue. She is certainly one of the star photographers of the fashion bible.

After visiting the exhibit, I am now a bigger fan of her work. The exhibit included landscapes, fashion photos, her coverage of the war in Sarajevo, family photos, and photos that showed her wonderful relationship with Susan Sontag. This last category was a complete surprise. I had no idea she was a companion of the late esteemed American literary icon.

We joined a guided tour that lasted for about 40 minutes. Afterwards, we stayed behind for another hour and a half. Haha! I didn't expect it would take us two hours to see the exhibit. It was that good!

The exhibit runs until October 2014. Tix is $15. $13 for residents including work pass holders.

No comments:

Post a Comment