Sunday, April 27, 2008

Bayani Challenge '08...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our participation in the 2008 Bayani Challenge ended yesterday. Today, there was a Highway of Peace caravan from Bukidnon to Wao, Lanao but we didn't get to join that anymore.

As I mentioned in a previous entry, Thursday was spent mixing cement almost the entire day. That was fun, even though my entire body was aching the following day. Hehe! At least, I got to help out. And I was really moved by how grateful the beneficiary couple - Arlyn and Randy - was. Arlyn was on the verge of tears as she continually thanked the volunteer students and employees for helping them build their own home. I'm going to write a story about that.

And then last Friday, we joined all the other volunteers from the other house build sites for the start of the culminating activity. We went to the Natid-asan GK Village where we were greeted by the festive mood of people. Tony Meloto was there. VP Noli de Castro was there. Local officials were there. GK volunteers from all over the country were there. It was really a grand thanksgiving and celebration for the success of the 2008 Bayani Challenge.

I'm really glad I got to be part of it, even if it's just for a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment