Friday, April 18, 2008

Loving Iloilo...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Tomorrow, will be flying to Iloilo for work. Will be there until the weekend.

For some reason, I'm finding Iloilo to be quite charming. Last January was the first time I got to go around the province. (In college, I was able to step on the shores of Iloilo and see the pier because we had to transfer ferries to get to Bacolod. But that was it.)

Anyway, I guess the old houses, the magnanimous old churches, the Andok's restaurant, the callos at JD's Cafe, the food at Joyjoy's and Breakthrough, the people of Grand Dame and Sarabia Manor, and yes, GK Sooc, are some of the major reasons why I'm loving the city. Haha!

I guess I also like Iloilo because it has both a city and a countryside feel. You got the gimik places if you're feeling urban-esque, and you've got the rice fields and the seas when you're craving for some rustic scenery. I wouldn't mind living in Iloilo. Hehe!

Above are some photos of the Miagao Church. I got to visit it early this year, and what can I say? I am in awe of this glorious structure. I've always been a fan of old architecture - from ancestral houses to old churches - and Miagao is definitely one of the best I've seen. Photos by camwhore buddy Reena.

1 comment:

  1. do people still attend that church ? it looks kinda new inside ... wow.

    ReplyDelete