Friday, April 4, 2008

Shelter - new LGBT movie to watch...



Read about this movie by Jonah Markowitz while going through Q. Allan Brocka's blog. Interesting I thought. I want to watch I thought. Won't be shown in the Philippines I thought. Augh! But I'm hoping either the UP Film Center or maybe Robinson's Movieworld would show the film.

After having seen the trailer on YouTube, I think it's a nice movie. Plus, it doesn't hurt that the movie has won Best Feature, Best Actor, and Best New Director in over 10 Film Festivals. It's also an independent film, and I'm all for indie films.

Uhm, the story. Young guy Zach had to put aside his art career aspirations to take care of his family. But when a tidal wave of emotions rise with a surfing buddy, Zach is forced to make some important decisions, take the risk and ride the big wave of life.

Find Shelter here.

No comments:

Post a Comment