Monday, April 7, 2008

Hosting gig went well...

The event hosting gig yesterday morning went well, I think. The crowd were college students in their junior year, so that was quite easy to handle. The event was an summer apprenticeship recruitment orientation. Our company is getting about 125 students this summer, and whoever's going to get in is going to be really lucky because I'm sure they'll be learning a lot from their exposure to the business.

The key words for the morning program were "Leadership" and "Innovation." I learned a lot from the guest speakers, which included our company's main man, someone who really embodies leadership and innovation - MVP. In an attempt to be "makapal," I introduced myself to him onstage while I was make the intro for him. "The next speaker needs no introduction, so instead, I'll just introduce myself to him. 'Sir, Angelo Morales, Public Affairs.'" Haha! That got the crowd laughing and him too. I thought that was fun.

Anyway, after the program, I just had lunch with Pat and the organizers and then I already went home. My body was already screaming, "I want to sleep. I want to sleep." Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment