Monday, April 21, 2008

Ginhugma ko ang Iloilo...

Photobucket

Photobucket

If the Friday nightout was good, last night's was even, even better. After work, Karl fetched NN and I at the office. Twiggy was unable to join us because she had to fly back to Manila already.

Anyway, our first stop was Krua Thai for dinner. Food was great. I enjoyed the bagoong rice, tom yam, spicy spare ribs, and spicier fish fillet. Then, it was time to start the drinks. We headed to Bourbon, and afterwards to another nearby bar, Flow. I wasn't sure if there was a local Government or Bed but had I known where it was, I would have definitely gone. I was really up for dancing. And I think I've been spending too much time in straight bars. Hahaha!

Bourbon is great for lounging. If you just want to have some drinks with friends, have a good chat, and listen to club music, Bourbon is the place to go to. Beautiful people, too. Hehe! I don'tt know but Ilonggos are really beautiful people, eh?! Hehe! Flow, on the other hand, was TOO crowded. Crowded with college students ( or probably high schoolers), at least on the night we went. Augh! I went to the bar to get a beer and to get a feel of the club, and I got the head-to-toe judgment from a bunch of snooty, pretentious girls. Hehehe! I felt like Dan Humphrey in a scene with Blair Waldorf. Hehe! But I couldn't blame them. I was to be judged because my nightout attire was a Smart shirt, jeans and leather shoes. Shoot me! I came straight from work, and I completely forgot to bring gimik clothes and an extra pair of shoes. Hehehe!

Anyway, by 1AM, the three of us left and feeling a bit hungry, we had tapsilog at a hole in the wall diner. It was okay, for anyone who's hungry at 2AM. Then, back to the hotel where I was really feeling the buzz. You would too if you had what I had.

Three mugs of Singha, one long Island Iced Tea, two San Mig Lights, a pitcher of margarita (shared with NN and Karl). I'm just thankful to the heavens because no gout when I woke up this morning. And no, I don't really have the makings of an alcoholic. Hehe!

So that was it really. It was a really, really, really good night out. (Except for two awkward situations - one of which I will write about, and the other one to be left untold.) Haha!

It sucks that Im flying back to Manila tomorrow already. Huhuhu!!!

Ginhugma ko ang Iloilo! (I love Iloilo.)

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure myself so I consulted Ilongo-English dictionary, Ginhugma is nowhere to be found. What I know since childhood is the word hinigugma , ginahigugma or ginhigugma whose root word is gugma - love. Maybe I'm wrong but just be sure about the word and ask the "oldies".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, thanks for the correction. I'm pretty sure I got it wrong because I based my spelling on how I heard the word. 0=)

    ReplyDelete