Thursday, April 24, 2008

Off to Bukidnon to be a "Bayani..."


Photobucket

Tomorrow, I'm taking the first PAL flight to Cagayan de Oro. From CDO, it'll be a three-hour drive to Bukidnon to check in at the local hotel, and then another 45-minute drive to Maramag, Bukidnon, the site assigned to the Bayani Challenge team of our company.

I'm excited, excited, excited.

Not only because it's my first time to go to Bukidnon and CDO, not only because it's another out of town trip, but above all because it's a volunteer activity. I wish I were able to join the company team who volunteered to stay for a week in Bukidnon to build one house. But alas, there are other things that can't be put on hold.

I can't wait though to talk to the volunteers to listen to their stories. I'm quite sure they have a lot of interesting insights and learnings from the four days that they've stayed in the community.

Augh! I miss volunteer work. I volunteered to be part of the summer storytelling program of the company to public school students, but so far, I haven't been able to attend one session. That's because I've been covering similar events these past few weekends. But I do hope that I get to attend at least one session this May.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this CDO/Bukidnon trip. Not sure if I can blog from there, but you can be sure that there'll be stories and photos when I get back to Manila.

No comments:

Post a Comment