Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Pretty uneventful Monday except for dinner...

So I'm back at the office. It's good to be back. I missed my cubicle. I missed my PC. I missed the cluter on my desk that need organizing. I missed Johnny and Bruce, who are still fighting. Haha!

But I'm back only for a day. Today and tomorrow, I'll be attending a conference outside of the office. It's an interesting conference, because it's about Social Networking and eBusiness. One thing I like about the company where I am right now is that they really invest in developing the people. In less than a year, I've had about five or six trainings already. That's good I think.

Anyway, yesterday was pretty uneventful. I just did my usual work, the pile of backlog, and populating the website project that I have. It's been in the works for quite some time now. I'm ashamed because it should have been launched months ago, but it has been put on the back burner because of the other activities I didn't expect would take place this summer. Anyway, I'm determined to have that website up by June.

The highlight of the day was Thea and I having dinner with our Japanese friend Makoto. He works for our Japanese telco partner. We met during the launch of their product here in Manila, and since then, we've been corresponding. Last week, Makoto emailed to say he'll be in Manila for a day.

We had dinner at Masas in Greenbelt 2, where we had him taste the Beef Sinigang, Steamed Plapla with Garlic, and Tinapa Fried Rice. I think he enjoyed it. Oishii desu ne! From Masas, we had a round of drinks at Ice Vodka Bar. And the whole time we were just catching up, taling about work, how things are, family, a trip to japan, the upcoming trip to Vietnam, and so on. It was good seeing the guy.

Since it was a Monday, we couldn't really stay up late. After drinks, we bid each other goodbye, wished Makoto a good flight today, and promised to keep on corresponding.

That's it for a Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment