Thursday, May 15, 2008

Vietnam is waiting...


Yesterday afternoon, I was on the road to Pampanga when colleague Reena called me and told me about the crazy Cebu Pacific sale. I've been wanting to take a vacation abroad - Cambodia and Vietnam please - and looks like that might just happen now.

No, wait. It is going to happen now. (At least, the Vietnam trip.) 

By the time I reached Pampanga, I was already booked for a flight to Ho Chih Minh this August. Whoopppeee! Thanks Reena. I am still hesitant though because I'm afraid something about work might pop up on our vacation dates but we'll see, we'll see. I'm also a bit worried about the expenses because this isn't really in my budget yet. But hey, if I can afford to splurge Pxxxx for Paul Smith, maybe I can do the same for Cebu Pacific. Hehehe!

Besides, this is a vacation we're talking about. I'm excited and I'm nervous about this. And I hope everything will proceed as planned.

I still want to go to Cambodia. More than Vietnam, that's where I really want to go. But a travel buddy is yet to be found. It would be great to go with someone who'd be really interested to see as many sites as possible. Perhaps a little souvenir shopping, but the rest of the time, it'll be digesting the culture of the former Khmer empire. Or I can probably do it on my own a la Monastery of Transfiguration trip. Hehe! We'll see.

Also, looks like I'll have to delay the Singapore visit to Jean, which I'm planning to do this August for my mandatory work leave. Maybe I can do that for my birthday. I swear 2008 is just my banner year for travel. January started with the series of Iloilo trip, then there was Cebu in February. It was my first time to visit both provinces. And then there's Cagayan de Oro and Bukidnon and other nearby provinces. And then there's the Hong Kong trip that I missed because of my expired passport. Haha!

Anyway, if you've been to Vietnam, please feel free to leave tips on how a Vietnam vacation could be memorable. What are the must see places? Where are the good but cheap dining places? What must not be missed? Is there a bus or a ferry or a train to take to visit a neighboring country? 

No comments:

Post a Comment