Monday, May 12, 2008

Sick boy in Baguio... but still happy...



From the sweltering heat of Manila (and Pampanga last Saturday), I'm now here in the cool city of Baguio. Weather's way cooler and enjoyable. But as I've said, because of all these temperature change, I'm now a sick kid. Hehehe! I have a running nose, sore throat and dry cough. Augh!!!


Anyway, the training for teachers today went well. I gave the orientation about the project. And I'd like to think it went well. Hehe! The booming voice plus a microphone were enough to keep the participants awake and listening (I hope.) I also liked my closing video clip on "Innovation Man" because it went particularly well with my closing spiel. Hehe! I think I will also enjoy the world of training, or teaching. I should go back to the university and teach. Hehe! 


Uhm, today's topics incllude community-based research, website stuff and photography. I think the teachers appreciated the topics. And I hope they were excited by the project. When the project does take off, it'll be a lot of content for the world, so to speak. Hehehe!


After the training, I was stranded at Session Rd. because heavy rain fell. It's a good thing I have a mobile phone because while the rain poured and the thunder and lightning scared the people, I was standing on a plant box unmindful of the world because my phone was glued to my ear talking to Tey and Carl.


When the rain finally stopped, I headed to this restau/bar/cafe Zola where I met with our trainers Lloyd and Chris. Lloyd and I just chatted, while Chris was busy surfing the Net. And I thought I was a Net junkie. Hehe. Lloyd installed iWork 08 in my aging iBook and I can't wait to use my new Keynote. Hehe!


From Zola, we walked to Volante for dinner. We had pesto pasta, lentil soup. I had lemon grass tea, too, and that did a lot for my throat. 


Then back to the hotel to call it a day. 


Tomorrow evening, I take the bus back to Manila so that I can be at work in the morning and hopefully have that important meeting. Then in the afternoon, I leave for Pampanga for a similar training. 


Ang saya, di ba? Hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment