Sunday, May 25, 2008

Summer storytelling activity concludes...




Last Saturday, though still tired from the Cebu trip, I woke up at 6AM to be at the office by 7. It was the culminating program of the summer storytelling program, and I sort of promised to help out.

In the morning, it was the culminating activity of the school in San Andres, while in the afternoon, we moved to the other school in Pasay City. All the kids looked like they had a great time. They all had big smiles on their faces as they got their certificates and small gifts. They became even happier when Jollibee came out and danced for them. I had no idea he was that popular among the kids.

Anyway, we ended a little before five in the afternoon. There was an early dinner/get-together for the volunteers but I decided not to go there anymore. Instead, colleague/fellow volunteer Rhyz and I went to the New Bombay Indian Restaurant at Columns and that's where I had my really late lunch. (Uhm, while there was food for everyone at the program, there was "no food" for me. You'll get what I mean later on.)

It was a good Saturday. Though it was a really warm and tiring day, I was happy to be able to spend a day with the kids again. Maybe I'll volunteer again next year. And maybe I'll get to actually teach the kids. We'll see

No comments:

Post a Comment