Monday, May 19, 2008

On a simu-date...

I just now realized that I went on a simu-date a couple of days ago. It was unplanned. And it wasn't even really a date. And I would probably get clobbered if my "date" read about this, for the main reason that he's straight. Hehe!

What made me say that it was a simu-date?

Uhm, because that was the first time the guy and I met. We were together for an activity with another friend, but because that friend had to go do something, I was left with Simu-date Boy.

With nothing to do, Simu-date Boy and I found ourselves checking out the local market, and then going for a walk in the park, and then settling for a cup of coffee at a local cafe. It was about a good one or two hours. While we were having our walk, we talked about all sorts of stuff. There was something to talk about because like I said, it was the first time that Simu-date Boy and I met. Hehe! So we talked our jobs, college life, things we enjoyed doing, and so on.

I thought to myself while we were walking, "Had this guy played for my team, this would have been a date." Hehe! But I wasn't sure if Simu-date Boy even had an idea about me.

Anyway, the good thing about the whole thing was that it made me realize that I am ready to meet new people again. (It's about time!) And that I could actually strike a conversation with a new acquaintance and keep it going. That felt nice.

That's sort of what I want to do now - meet new people and just create new friendships. It would be great to just get together with a new face and just have a good conversation. If things get good and both parties would like to continue seeing each other, maybe a date, that would be great. If nothing romantic comes out of it, at least, a new friend is made. Sometimes, I get this feeling that us Pinoys equate dating to a sure ticket to a relationship, when it's not. Perhaps this was the reason I was rejected the last time I asked someone out. The person probably thought I was already going to propose marriage, when all I wanted was coffee and to hear random thoughts.. Hehe. In my head, I'm like, "Dude, relax. I just want to meet new people. If something comes out of this, great. If it's just friends, cool."

Anyway, the bigger question now is where to begin in this mission to meet new people.

No comments:

Post a Comment