Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Common courtesy is not common...

Not sure if age has something to do with it (or maybe just pure laziness), but I've noticed that I'm starting to get annoyed with text conversations (save for some selected people, And of course, it'll be different if it were for the partner, who is yet to be found. Haha!).

Anyway, when I do get engaged in a text conversation, what I find really annoying is when I'm left hanging in the air. Have you ever experienced that? You're texting with this person and all of a sudden, the other person doesn't reply anymore. It's annoying. Undecided Boy did that to me a lot. We'd be texting, and then he vanishes. I really don't know how I put up with it. Haha! But it really drove me nuts.

Sure, the other person probably got busy and all but how long would it take to text, "Hey, sorry. Gotta cut this short. Text later." Or if that's too long, a simple, "Ey, gtg." would be more than enough.

Two weeks ago, it happened again. A friend told me she'd set me up with someone. It's not even a date, if ever. It'll just be meeting a new friend. So I get the number, and I text the guy. Let's call him Where's Waldo. I text Where's Waldo to say hi and that I got his number from our common friend. Where's Waldo replies back to say hi. And then I send a short reply back.

And then I waited. I waited. I waited. I waited. I waited.

It's annoying and amusing, really. Annoying because once again, I've been left hanging. Amusing because I don't even know what happened that I ended up getting ignored. Where's Waldo probably saw the Friendster profile and decided he's not interested to even be friends, and that it would be okay to just not reply so I'd figure out he's not interested.

It's not okay. It's impolite. It's annoying.

I would expect people my age to have the common courtesy to at least say, "Hey, dude. Sorry, but our friend was wrong." I would have gladly accepted that and I wouldn't have spent the next ten minutes wondering what happened.

I'm sorry. I just really had to write this.

No comments:

Post a Comment