Monday, May 26, 2008

Artworks on the wall and 1-1 friends...


Sunday was mostly spent at home. Uhm, in the morning, I cleaned my room since it was clamoring for some organizing. Because of all the trips these past few weeks, everything is just all over. Hehe.

And then, something very rare happened. Hehe! My Dad offered to help me hang the artworks I bought. The 13 pieces have all been on the floor since I had them framed ages ago. I wanted to have the art wall painted first but since that wouldn't be happening any time soon, I took up my Dad's offer to help hang the artworks. Hehe! Uhm, actually, it was him and my youngest brother Andre who ended up doing all the work while I just dusted the frames and made sure that they were handled well. Hehe!

By lunch time, Claude Tayag, Mariano Ching, Jonathan Olazo, Geraldine Javier, and Buddy Cabrera, were all happily hanging on the wall. Thom Filicia would faint at the way the wall was done, but hey, that'll do for now. Hehe!

In the afternoon, I met up with Bernice at Gateway and we spent a good couple of hours just talking and catching up. We talked about work, her Netherlands scholarship, and a bunch of other things.

I've noticed that I have a one-on-one get-together set of friends, and then there are the group get-together set of friends. For the latter, lately, it has been people from work. And while I enjoy group get-togethers, sometimes I tend to be more of a spectator rather than an active participant. (But it depends on the mood. Hehe!) For the former, that would include Thea, Carlo, Bernice, Noreen, Grace (though I haven't seen her for the longest), and most recently added, Whaxter.

These are the friends who I can talk to continuously, but of course, there'd be some silent moments which are totally fine. Last week, by great coincidence, I met Whaxter at the SNS conference. We had coffee at the end of the conference and it turned out to be a good coffee get-together.

Save for Carlo, it's been awhile since I last had a conversation with a fellow guy, if you know what I mean. So it was really enjoyable to hear the thoughts of another guy on the usual things. Hehe.

Alright, so that's it, really. Not much else.

No comments:

Post a Comment