Saturday, January 25, 2014

BNO at eight cafe and bar and Roosevelt's...





Last night was one of the semi-spontaneous night out with some of my closest friends here in Singapore - RKGreg, Chris and Tipz.

As the day came to an end, we all just chatted and asked about what each other's plans for Friday night were.

Except for MkSurf8 who was on a business trip to MNL and Ian who already had plans, the four of us were the only ones free to meet up.

We all agreed to go to eight cafe and bar in Outram Park. I've been meaning to go since I follow the owner Bill on Instagram.

His food photos are always mouthwatering. His cafe photos make one want to visit.

Surprisingly, we were still able to book a table though we called quite late.

Chris and I were the first ones to arrive at the cafe. It kind of reminded me of the Sanctuario cafe in Tagaytay. Friends Romil and Sean own the cafe and I used to visit Tagaytay quite often to hang out with the pair. eight cafe had the same vibe.

Since we were starving, we ordered ahead of Tipz and RK Greg. Chris got the aglio olio, while I settled for an onion soup and a salad (given that I ate rice for breakkie. Haha!) Later on, Tipz ordered the fish dish while RKGreg got the laksa pasta. We also ordered a calamari to share.

It was an enjoyable dinner. We stayed at the cafe til close to 10. Aside from the food, what I also liked a lot about the cafe was that it was a place where everyone can just really chill and be themselves... ;)

From eight cafe, we walked to Outram Park station and tried the coffee and dessert at the newly-opened cafe Roosevelt's. The mocha was quite similar to what I usually get. Price was cheaper compared to other cafes. We also ordered the apple forest berries crumble a la mode. It was quite an interesting dish I must say.

We parted ways close to 11, which was just right for me since I had to catch the train.

It was definitely a good boys night out.

eight cafe and bar
8 Bukit Pasoh Rd, Singapore 089822
6220 4513
www.eightcafebar.com/‎

No comments:

Post a Comment