Thursday, January 16, 2014

Happy birthday, Kate...







Today is the birthday of my good friend, Kate. LOL!

I've known her for quite some time. We go way back to my primary school years.

My earliest recollection of meeting her was in 1995. I was at the National Bookstore in Quezon Avenue and I saw her cover for the January issue of British Vogue. That image stayed with me ever since.

Then, there are the infamous Obsession for Calvin Klein print ads. Who would not recall those ads? Any child of the 90s would remember those black and white ads.

Since then, I've just been a follower. She's been praised. She's been condemned. She's been in a relationship. She's been out of it. She became a wife. She became a mother. She's been loved. She's been hated.

Everyone can say anything about her, but well she's still here.

And she's just turned 40.

I'm quite sure she'll still be around for the next decade or so. Gemma's gone. Carmen's gone. Gisele and Natalia are seen less (I think). Not Kate.

Happy birthday, Kate.

No comments:

Post a Comment