Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Run, run, Wednesday...




Went for an easy run just now.

Another good thing to like about my neighbourhood, or SG for this matter, is that there is an abundance of space for health and fitness activities.

I've never been to an area where there is no access to a park connector, a park, a community centre gym, or some open space/field for activity.

When PG Boy was staying in Tampines, Bedok Reservoir was a fave area of mine for a morning jog. Now, that he moved closer to the city, there is a park connector near his place. Either that or we go to the gym.

At my own place, which is very ulu (haha!), there is a nearby park connector that gives me a good few kilometres to run and sweat a bit.

The first few times I decided to go for a jog/run, I was a bit experimental and I wanted to explore the neighbourhood. The result was me getting lost and surprisingly, ending up at the next MRT station. Haha!

Recently, I've been sticking to a more familiar path. I would usually go for anything between 5 to 6 kilometres. If I wanted to and if I'm not lazy, I can even go for a 10K.

I'm really grateful for these park connectors because it's a safe space for running, walking,jogging. By safe, I mean I can wear my earphones and I dun have to worry about being hit by a car. I also dun have to stop every so often to give way to crossing vehicles.

However, I do choose to skip the run if I get home around 8 or so.

The reason is I'm afraid of the dark. Seriously. While the park connector has lamp posts, it's still dark and there are very few runners/joggers by then. Also, the other side of the park connector is nothing but trees, trees and more trees. It does get eerie at night.

It's not that I'm afraid of being mugged. It's because my active imagination frightens me that someone or something might start running beside me and that someone or something is floating. Hahahaha! Afraidy Aguilar.

No comments:

Post a Comment