Sunday, January 26, 2014

Volunteer appreciation dinner at Bumbu...





Last night, I attended the volunteer appreciation dinner for one of the groups I volunteer with.

The dinner was held at the Thai-Indo place Bumbu located along Kandahar Street.

It's actually a very nice place for private functions or special dinners.

The staff are very nice and helpful. The food is goooood! The other thing I love about the place is the collection of Peranakan items. From Peranakan tiles to wall dividers to wall decors to tin lunch boxes and so on, there is much visual treat around the restau.

It was quite an enjoyable night.

I had a good time catching up with some of the volunteers. The good thing about the dinner was it was an opportunity for volunteers to gather together and just enjoy each other's company.

Since volunteers rarely see each other, I always make it a point to attend the gathering. Alright, I also attend because of the good food. Hehe!

Speaking about volunteering, I've been volunteering since I arrived in SG almost three years ago. This year, I intend to do some self-examination of my volunteer activities. I have to see how I can move forward with my volunteer experience.

Anyway, that's a whole other topic.

If you're looking for a new place to try, do go to Bumbu. After dinner, you can head over to the neighbouring Maison Ikkoku or even Haji Lande for drinks.

Bumbu
44 Kandahar St, Singapore 198897
6392 8628

No comments:

Post a Comment