Monday, January 6, 2014

Buffet day at Carousel...



PG Boy and I went for our second buffet for 2013 a few weeks ago.

Carousel at Royal Plaza on Scotts Road is one of the buffet places I've been meaning to try. Two years ago, I wanted to treat PG Boy to a Christmas Eve dinner at Carousel but it was fully booked.

This year, I chose a date after Christmas and I booked several week ahead to ensure that I was going to get a table.

If you Google Carousel, most if not all the reviews you will see about the restau are positive. It's included in the "top buffet places in Singapore" lists of many food bloggers and regular bloggers. That's more reason why I really wanted to try the food at the restau.

So a few days after Christmas, I surprised PG Boy with a buffet treat at Carousel.

It was easy to see why the place is very popular among locals and foreigners. First, the buffet spread has a lot of choices - Japanese, fantab seafood station, salads, breads and pastries, Western cuisine, and a special section for Singaporean dishes. The best section I have to say though is the dessert counter since there are three (!!!) dessert stations! Next, the service was quite good. We didn't have to wait a long time to be seated. The waiters were quick to clear plates. Third, the price was very nice. I paid about $120 for both of us. It was such a good price considering how the wide range of food choices. I think I'll visit again this 2014. :-)

Carousel Buffet Restaurant
Lobby Level, Royal Plaza on Scotts 25 Scotts Road Singapore 228220 Tel: +65 6589 7799
Opening Hours: 12:00pm-2:00pm (Lunch), 3:30pm-5:30pm (High tea), 6:30pm-10:30pm (Dinner)
Prices for Adults: $46.00++ Lunch, $62.00++ Dinner (Weekday), $50.00++, $75.00++ (Weekends)

No comments:

Post a Comment