Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Ready for the Horse?



I went for my twice a month volunteer commitment in Chinatown last night. On my way home, I finally saw the Chinese New Year decors lit up.

I've seen the decors a few weeks ago in broad daylight. That was the time when the decors were still being installed.

It's a bit difficult to decide which version looks better - the one during the day or the one at night.

Anyway... looks like I'll be alone in the island come CNY.

I checked with some friends and a lot of them, if not all, are heading out for a holiday elsewhere.

As much as I want to take advantage of the four and a half days of leave, I am choosing to stay behind since I'm saving for a "project" and I also volunteered to do extra shift at the museum.

There was a call for non-Chinese volunteers to do extra shifts since most of the volunteers will be preoccupied with family CNY celebrations.

Technically, I'm part Chinese (I have my grandfather's family to prove it.) but of course, I don't celebrate it the way I celebrate Christmas.

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of CNY. While the rest of the island celebrates, it kinda makes me lonely since most of my friends are away and those who are here, shall be busy with their families.

The good thing is I have a bunch of things I want to do. The long weekend will be a good opportunity to do those things. Haha!

Plus, my feelings for 2014 are the opposite of how I felt for 2013.

This is going to be an awesome year!

2 comments:

  1. i gym yan friend lol! maybe royston will be available hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, friend! About the gym part, not the Royston part. Char! Hahaha! :D

      Delete