Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Weekend of (mostly) so so makan...



I dunno why but the weekend that just ended was memorable because of bad eating. LOL!

For some reason, it seemed like PG Boy and I were destined to have failed breakkies and lunches for two consecutive days.

The thing about PG Boy's new place is that there is very limited food places around the neighbourhood. If one wants to have a good breakkie, either you make it at home or you take the bus/MRT.

On Saturday morning, we took the train to Farrer Park and decided to look for breakkie. We ended up at a prata place near Mustafa. I like prata. If it weren't so sinful, I wouldn't mind having it more often. Wait, let me correct that. I like prata from the prata stall at Tampines St. 81. So far, it's the best prata I've ever tasted in the whole island. That belief was reinforced after our breakkie. Seriously, how can one screw up prata? Haha!

Noontime, PG Boy and I made the mistake of going back to a hawker centre, which I swore I would never go to again. Once experience was enough. That day though, I thought maybe the other stalls are better. Nope. Haha! In the middle of our meal, PG Boy asked me, "Why do you look so unhappy?"

I just kept quiet and finished my food. Haha! In my head and later on, out loud, I told PG Boy, "We are really never eating there again."

Having two so so meals on a Saturday, I was determined to ensure that dinner would be good. After PG Boy and I finished coffee and dessert at The Little Prince Cafe in Farrer Park, we headed to the grocery at City Square Mall to buy pasta ingredients.

Thankfully, my Mom trained me well in the kitchen. PG Boy and I had a good dinner. LOL!

Sunday was not much different. I had a lousy breakkie and a lousy lunch. Haha!

When I got back at PG Boy's place from Mass, I told him that we should just have dinner at a nearby zi char place which I have christened Two Sisters Eatery. Haha! We've been going to the restau a few times and it has never failed.

As expected, the restau did not disappoint and we had a good dinner.

Sigh, I really miss the eating places at the old Tampines neighbourhood. Aside from the fact that there are more choices and that the prices are more friendly, the people are also super nice. I miss the pancake ladies, the breakkie aunties, even the uncle who doesn't smile. Hehe!

I hope I can adjust to this new place. Haha!

2 comments:

  1. move to farrer park na hahaha! there's a lot of options na in City Square Mall! Japanese, Taiwanese, Popeyes, Mcdonalds, Old Town, Subway, CBTL, Cedele, Pizza Hut, Toast Box etc HAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete