Friday, June 29, 2007

The 4 Should Have Been a 7...

One thing I decided to do because of my new job is to take care of official and valid identification cards. Since my passport is expired and my graduate school ID is invalid, I found it hard to get past security because of my IDs. So while on this short break, I went and got my Social Security ID and this morning, I applied for a TIN ID.

The latter turned out to be a really good idea. Never mind that from the BIR Quezon City branch, I was asked to go to the Pier branch because that's where my record is. Never mind that seeing the BIR office in Pier reminded me that I'm in a Third World.

The best thing that came out of the TIN ID application is that I found out that what I thought to be my TIN ID number wasn't really my correct TIN ID number. The last digit should be 7, and all this time I have been filling out forms with 4. Augh!!!

I wasn't too worried about it, because I'm sure this is one mistake that may be corrected.

No comments:

Post a Comment