Sunday, June 17, 2007

Feeling Artsy...

Went to the Art in the Park this morning. Met with Grace at Paseo Center, and from there we walked to the nearby Salcedo Park.

My heart beat faster as I saw all these booths with paintings hung on the walls. As soon as we got there, Grace and I just walked around and took our time to check out the works on display. I found quite a number of interesting pieces - Garibay, Ching. We even found an Anita Magsaysay-Ho sketch for P20,000, but I'm not sure if it's a print or what. Found some Claude Tayag prints for P5,000. And then, there were some prints that sold for a P1,000. There were some Wire Tuazons, a Kiko and Fernan Escora.

But I ended up just buying an Art in the Park tote bag, as a souvenir. I did like some works, but not to the point that I would feel bad if I didn't bring them home with me.

What was great though was seeing a great mix of art lovers and collectors - from art students to parents to gay men (I'm quite sure they're gay) to artists.

I wish there'd be another one of these soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment