Monday, July 14, 2014

Short trip to Malacca...



So our group of two Malaysians, 1 Singaporean, 1 Malaysian turned Singaporean and 1 Filipino boarded a bus headed to Malacca last Saturday.

It was my second time in the UNESCO World Heritage City and still I feel that an overnight trip is not enough to explore and enjoy the city. Hehe!

I've heard quite a number of people say that Malacca is boring. It's this. It's that.

The two times I've been to the city, I didn't feel bored at all. Hehe! I wish I had more time to go to the museums or walk at a leisurely pace.

Again, I've missed checking out the house at 8 Heeren Street. The shophouse has a permanent exhibit on the conservation and restoration process of the building. One can also learn about the history of early shophouses and Dutch architecture, which obviously had an influence on the local architecture.

Two new places I got to visit this trip were the Malaqa House and The Baboon House. The former sells authentic antique Peranakan furniture while the latter is an art gallery/cafe/boutique hotel. Why it was named The Baboon House I have no idea. Hehe!

I want to go back again soon. More cafes and restaus to check out.

2 comments:

  1. where are the pictures of malacca hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Haven't resized them yet... ergo, no photos. Plus, nothing new really. ;) Have et to read your new post. :)

      Delete