Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Thrift Shopping We Went...

Yesterday afternoon, good friend Ella asked me to go with her to visit some thrift shops and antique stores. Since there wasn't much to do at home and my feet were itching to get out of the house, I decided to go with her.

I wasn't too excited about it because I had no idea where exactly we were going. I only knew we were going to look for some good furniture for Ella's new place, but I really had no idea what to expect at the thrift shops.

When we got to the place, it was a haven for old stuff but are still very much in good condition. From antique chairs and stools to old table pieces, china and silverware, there was something that would definitely catch your eye.

Ella found several antique chairs and old lamps that dates back to the years when we were just about to take our first steps. I can't believe that the pieces were stillin such a great condition. Some need a little reupholstering but afterwards, it looks perfect and very elegant.

Since I wasn't really looking for anything in particular, I just looked around and admired the very beautiful china and silverware. While Ella was looking at one shop, something caught my eye that made my heart beat fast.

I couldn't help but blurt out, "Is that a Lladro?!"

True enough, it was. There were a couple of Lladros being sold in one store. Alright, you can say all you want about how "gay" this is, but what concerns me more are two things.

One, that I was able to identify and know for sure that the lovely piece was a Lladro, and that two, I got excited over it.

Other treasures I found were several Swarovski figurines (and we're talking real Swarovski here, not the glittering crystals that claim to be a Swarovski but really aren't), a 1956 Joya sketch, and an emerald green jewelry box with an Anita Magsaysay-Ho reproduction on the cover.

Hmm, you're probably wondering where these shops are, eh. They're in...

Okay, I'm officially getting old.

1 comment:

  1. hey gelo! sorry it took ages for me to respond. my email is monstermd@gmail.com. thanks for visiting my blog.

    yup, matanda ka na.

    ReplyDelete